Winter Bircher Muesli
Preparation 10 minutes (plus overnight) | Serves 4
- 2 cups organic rolled oats (eg Willowvale Organics)
- ¼ cup good quality sultanas
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup water or combination of water and fresh apple juice
- 2 granny smith apples
- Plain yoghurt (eg Barambah Organics)
- Runny honey to taste
- Fresh or poached fruit – try bananas, poached quinces or rhubarb
Mix the oats, sultanas, lemon juice and water or apple juice and water together cover and soak overnight in fridge.
If making that morning add warm or hot water to oats to speed up soaking time.
Before breakfast add freshly grated apple to the oats, along with the yoghurt and honey. Keep the mixture quite wet.
Divide between 4 bowls and top with the fresh or poached fruit.